Re: 96 Taurus Wagon LX

How long have you had your current spark plugs in there and what brand are they? These cars have a notorious problem with the cheapo Bosch Platinum plugs, including my own '97 Taurus. Motorcraft plats are a little more expensive but better to use in the Taurus. Is your SES light flashing because I haven't heard of an OD light. If it's the SES light flashing you're misfiring. This prolem was exactly the same as mine and was due to the plugs. You should have your codes read though, I believe autozone will do it for free. Make sure to tell them to check the freezeframe because misfiring info is always stored in there, and sometimes a code isn't set. Good luck,

Tom

Leaves > Anyone have a clue why my 96 taurus wagon seems to stutter after traveling > for about 30 minutes, the overdrive lite also starts flashing. However it > does NOT feel as though the transmission is slipping. If I stop and shut it > off and restart the car is fine... Anyone know why.. Thanks for the help > > Please email response to snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net > > > --- > Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. > Checked by AVG anti-virus system
Tom Leser

check the manual. it DOES have an O/D light

Reply to
owner