Re: Antifreeze ?

> Current car has orange antifreeze. I've got the green stuff left over > from previous car. Can I mix them or do I have to use the orange > stuff?

You need the orange stuff. The orange and green stuff have differnet type of corrosion inhibitors.

Jeff

TomJ >
Reply to
Jeff

Personally, I'd flush the system and make sure it had the correct stuff in it. Do you know for sure the orange stuff you have is Dexcool? Is it actually orange? Is the "current car" a Ford? The only Ford that came with the orange stuff was the last version of the Mercury Cougar. If it is any other Ford, then it did not come with the orange stuff from the factory and you would be smart to flush it out and put in the correct stuff. If the car is a GM product, then I'd leave in the Dexcool.

Regards,

Ed White

Reply to
C. E. White

I meant to include these references:

C. E. White

Ford uses the Gold coolant as well, my F150 has it from the factory. I think it's the "extra long life" stuff.

Reply to
sleepdog