Re: Ding, ding, ding... 93 Aerostar - Help

in article mtCdnVuE-Ihlgh7UnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com, uncle K at snipped-for-privacy@all.com wrote on 1/30/09 7:42 AM:

Has anyone experienced this, and/or know of a simple solution?

replace your ignition switch that you key with when you start it ... it is starting to fail ... cutting wires ... will show a default in the system as it is not making continunity and running.

sometimes there are warning lights on the dash that tell you that a lightbuld in the right rear is out ... sometimes just wiggle it in the socket will fix it ... other times it is burned out.

replacing it with a good bulb .. brings back the continunity, the wiring is complete and the circuit is going along right ... so that the dashboard warning light goes out.

well same for making the warning bell go out ... have to make the circuit complete for the electricity to do its battery to ground thingy as designed through the safety features ... to make it work as before.

so the cheap penny wise solution is rather dollar foolish I would suggest.

get it fixed right if you want to keep it for a vehicle to drive around ... or if the fix is big bucks like a $1000 ... then do the trade in ... pay cash if possible from savings ... credit cards are going up up up ... so up it is not worth using them.

Still have to buy things to live ... but have to wait and do it cash for me now.

My Bank got one of those $50 million drunk on Wall Street bailouts of jail free cards ... so I am in a Credit Union now that is local ... and they dont do sick stupid foxed up crap like my past Bank ... so they are criminal with salaries and bonus from me and everyone in Sonoma County California stealing US blind. The Pill Grims, and the gas house jews drinking that krazy kristian koolaid get it done !!!

sumbuddie wear blind sea

:?

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane

You get medical marijuana, don't you? :)

Reply to
SC Tom

Hmmm. Thanks for that, even if it's not the answer I want to hear. Admittedly, the ignition switch is a little screwy, and has been ever since I bought the vehicle, but it works, so why mess with it? When you start it, the switch doesn't snap back to the "run" position, on its own (it doesn't stick in "start" either, so no big). I've adopted the habit of manually setting it in the correct position and never had a problem, until now. Bottom line: everything works fine, except that the warning bell is on steroids. I just want to stuff a rag down its throat.

I'd still like to know if there is a temporary way around this issue, as I'm leaving in two days for a 1400 mile drive and will have more time to deal with an ignition replacement once I arrive. Nice timing, or what?

Thanks

Reply to
uncle K