Re: Ding, ding, ding... 93 Aerostar - Help

in article _-CdnR9YV4jh0B7UnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com, uncle K at snipped-for-privacy@all.com wrote on 1/30/09 10:53 AM:

I'd still like to know if there is a temporary way around this issue, as I'm > leaving in two days for a 1400 mile drive and will have more time to deal > with an ignition replacement once I arrive. Nice timing, or what?

get a hypodermic needle full of super glue ... find the noise box and glue together the vibrating sound system that makes the noise ... once the glue sets with the system off and you got it in there with your blind shot like giving a needle cancer biopsey ... then the vibrating part will cease to operate hence no noise ... maybe take you an hour to work it up and test it to see if you got lucky in destroying it a little. the later fix of course is do plan one below AND now plan two ... fix the rest of the system you temporarily destroyed for time constraints. This would be the Obamabush thing to do in getting it done.

plan one is go Old School .. take it to a gargage and have the brainaics you trust take the steering assembly apart ... tighten up the nuts that vibrated apart from wear and rekey the ignition ... solid fix and only some of your time is used ... you have a safe drive with a solid steering assembly that is less inclined to fall apart on your trip and really have to pay the piper.

penny wise and dollar connundrum here it seems ...

plan three take the trip with the screamer and leave it as it is ...

get ear plugs, wear a helmet, duck like the Donald, run for your lives ....

sumbuddie hopes that helps

:?

Reply to
Alan B. Mac Farlane

Super Glue. I love it. Good news. A buddy, who just happens to be the ultimate jury-rigging expert I know, and also happens to be a Ford man (is that fitting, or what?), stopped by. I'm good to go. Not to tempt fate any further, I'll replace the ignition when we get there. Thanks again.

Reply to
uncle K