Re: Grand Marquis - noise problem

One possibility is loose exhaust heat shields. They are tack welded to the exhaust pipes and converter. Over time the welds will rust and break away. Jim

When I drive slowly or hit bumps in the road I can here tamborine like > "cling cling cling" coming from my front wheels on my 1996 Grand > Marquis. Any ideas what this indicates? > > > -- > JaKe, Seattle > "The monk bought lunch" > Jim Morrison
Reply to
Jim Z

Might be loose brake calipers. Next time You are driving over bumps/rough surface and You hear the noise,push lightly on the brakes,to see if it stops. There are rubber bushings on the caliper pins that wear out, causing the calipers to rattle.

regards John

Reply to
OSeghdha