Re: how much longer will my engine last

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Chris P) wrote in news:3ef5a5f5.79377274 @netnews.attbi.com:

oil consumption increase hydrocarbons and WILL INDEED fail an > emissions test! > > chris > > >>scott snipped-for-privacy@my-deja.com (Childfree Scott) wrote in >>news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com: >> >>> Does your state have an emissions test? Mine does every two years. >>> If you burn too much oil (I have no idea how much is too much to flunk >>> the test) then you will flunk the emissions test. Other than that if >>> you don't mind reduced power & gas mileage and adding oil you should >>> be able to drive it for a while. When it gets really bad you should >>> be able to get by with a valve job and ring job and drive it even >>> more. >>> >> >>oil consumption dont fail a emmisions test.. NOx COx does Nitrous OXide >>and Carbon Oxide .. has nothing to do with oil burning.. > > Crispy > > Life is hard. > Life is harder when you're stupid. >

ok last time.. NO IT WONT. not continuing this no more.. Nox COx.. and the last one will not it will not cannot fail.. and u know why cuz their is nothing the owner did to make it smoke / burn oil ;) so the emmisions dont test for oil consumptions

Reply to
wabbit

"wabbit" wrote

I hope you don't live in my area.....

"Testing vehicles with obvious smoke emissions pollutes the atmosphere in our testing stations and may endanger the health of the employees and members of the motoring public who are having their vehicles tested at the same time. Due to the potential health risk associated with smoke emissions, your vehicle will not be tested until it does not emit visible exhaust."

Sounds like a technical "fail" to me. :)

Reply to
MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster opined

Well Ohio tests for Hydrocarbons and hydrocarbons is "oil".... and you can FAIL HC.

MB, that statement is typical of "guvmint" edicta... I can see it now, people falling like flies.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic