Re: Taurus engine code 'U', is this Vulcan or Duratec Engine?

I checked ford's VIN checker and all I can determine is the engine > type = U

> > Based on the VIN Number's 8th digit of U I understand it's a 3.0 litre > V-6 engine but can't find what exact engine is in the car. > > 1. Is this the 3.0 litre "DOHC" or "OHV" ?? > > 2. Is it the Vulcan 155 HP or Duratec 200 HoresePower Engine ?? > > Also this website here... > >

I can see the Taurus's Engine code is U but it doesn't tell me if it's > Vulcan or Duratec and also no mention of DOHC versus OHV engine. > > > thanks a bunch.

The "U" code is the 2 valve 3.0L Vulcan engine

Reply to
Steve N.

THANKS!!

Reply to
Pedro Sanchez IV

Oh wait up a second....

Just to be clear... If it's a Vulcan Engine then that is the "OHV" instead of DOHC Engline right?

Reply to
Pedro Sanchez IV

Yes, the Vulcan engine is the plain vanilla 2 valve per cylinder, OHV, single cam engine.

Steve N.

Yes. it only HALF fills under the hood. The Dutatec has honking wide heads - very obvious when you look under the hood. On a 2.5 Mystique the joke is you can tell if you left a bolt out by pouring a quaet of water over the engine. If it takes tess than 15 seconds for the first drop to hit the ground you left something out.

Reply to
clare

Soingle cam IN BLOCK - not cam in head. Push rod and rocker old technology,plain as nails and dead nuts reliable.

Reply to
clare