Re: Urgent Request: What happens if '03 Windstar power doors fail?

> I'm about to buy an '03 Windstar, and am choosing between the SEL and > SE, similar packages and similar pricing (the SEL is a demo). My wife > asked a crucial question, though: the SEL has power sliding doors, but > what happens if they fail? Can you still open the door manually, or > is it stuck closed until it can be repaired? This may make the > difference in our choice, and a speedy reply will be *hugely* > appreciated. {Jonathan, owner of 02 Taurus SEL and 91 Taurus L}

when at the dealership have th salesman take out the fuse for the power door... then try it and make sure it does not open.. then tell him to show you how to open it with the fuse out..... this will get you the most correct answer.... hope this helps.

Reply to
jim

The sliding doors should still be able to open manually if power fails. My 03 Odyssey works that way. Although they will be harder to slide open due to the cables and motors attached to them.

Reply to
SizzleMP

What makes you assume that the door will be closed if the door fails?

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff