Rear shock bracket broke on 79 F150

I got a 1979 F150 pickup. One of the rear shock absorber brackets broke in half. This is the part that is riveted to the frame on the TOP of the shock. I ground off the rivets and removed the piece. It looks like it should be pretty easy to replace using some hardened bolts. The problem is where to get the part ???? I doubt this is a Napa item. I even wonder if a Ford dealer would have it, because it is part of the frame.

Does anyone have any idea where to get a part like this. I dont think it's worth getting a used one from a bone yard, it too would probably be rusted, since my other side looks pretty thin too.

My other oprion is to weld something, but that seems like a hassle.

George

Reply to
george

George, Most welding shops can fabricate this item for you if you can't find a factory part.

Reply to
Michael O

Reply to
Thomas Moats