Recharge 2003 Ford Explorer

Bought one of those r-134a kits to check and recharge A/C on 2003 Ford Explorer.

problem is I can not get the cuppler thing on. I pull back the cuppler shelve and try to put it on but its like it will not fit. On the car itseft the top of the tube seem smaller which i can get cuppler on to that but no way close to getting it all the way on.

What i'm i doing wrong? I'm doing just like the video says but not having any luck. does not pop on as easy as in the video.

goodman

Why are you charging the system? Do you know for a fact that it is low? How do you know? Did you locate and repair the leak? It sounds like you are trying to hook the coupler to the wrong port (High side). If you don't know the difference, you should really do yourself a favor and return that "death kit" to the store and find someone to fix your AC. Those D**n kits cause unknowing DIYers so many problems and often cause expensive damage to AC systems. They should be outlawed. If you insist on doing the repair yourself, at least do some homework:

Properly troubleshoot the system first, then learn how to repair it right.

Reply to
Tom Adkins