Repair Quote

I recently had a mechanic quote to replace welsh plugs and 4 tie rod ends in a 6 cylinder ford sedan (Australian 1992 Falcon). He said it would take 48 hours! Does this sounds excessive to anyone?

Reply to
D & J G

Maybe he just meant he's do the job over the weekend?

Reply to
Al Bundy

Nope, that's how long he reckons it will take and is to charge 48 hours time!

Reply to
D & J G

Checked with Ford dealer. Whole job no longer than 5½ hours!!!! No more back yard mechanics for us!

Reply to
D & J G

Hey!

That's alright, I didnt want to do it anyway.

------ Well, maybe I will ... in fact I'll do it for nothing; you buy parts...

Just pay for my transportation there and back

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

No worries, Geezer.. Where do you live? When can you come to Queensland Australia?

Reply to
D & J G

I'll give you a break and do it for 46 hours labor, but you need to tell me what a "welsh plug" is first. :) Oh wait, if a welsh plug is the same as a feeze plug and you want them ALL replaced I'll have to think it over. You probably have to pull the engine and strip it down to replace them all. Why not replace the one that is leaking only?

Reply to
ShoeSaleman

well at what shop rate say here mine is 75 an hour x 48 =3600 dollars for labor plus parts taxes maybe what 4500 dollars ...beat him up for say 10 dollars ! hahah

Reply to
wiseguy