1995 Contour GL Gas door

My gas door won't open with the remote handle on the floor. I have to use the backup cable in the trunk. Is that cable adjustable?

(or maybe the cover itself can be tweaked or adjusted?)

Reply to
El Bandito

Most likely the cable end has come loose, usually at the fuel door end.

Reply to
Sharon K.Cooke

The release was always problematic. Check the forums on

for suggestions.

If I remember from my '95 Mystique (Mercury version of Contour), you had to push it down to release? Make certain there isn't anything preventing it from going all the way down. Even where you push on it made a bit of a difference.

When it's open (from the trunk if needed), watch the release while somebody uses the driver release to see if it's working at all.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann