Reverse stopped working in my Explorer

Is there anything I can check before taking this in for transmission work?

Reply to
Me

Check the shifter cable. Are you able to get it into other gears? My

2000 Taurus lost reverse because the shifter cable housing broke loose from its mount. The shifter was unable to move the cable far enough to get the car in reverse. A new cable and mounting assembly did the trick.

Good luck.

Lou, NY

Reply to
Louis F. Carbone