Sable drum brake noise

At 109K miles I had new shoes installed in the rear brakes of my 1989 Sable. The drums were turned on a brake lathe as part of the service. Ever since the work was done, the rear brakes make a thumping noise proportional to the speed of the car when braking heavily. The brake shop looked at it and claims they can't find the problem.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Armchair observer

Thomas Moats

Add to the rest.....Hot spot(s) on the drums that didnt "turn" out...

Reply to
Scott M

Thanks for the suggestions.

This sh>Any one of these "ideas". Drums could be out of round. The return springs ( most

Reply to
Armchair observer

Reply to
Armchair observer

The drums have to be measured to know if they need to be replace, just take it back and let them fix it for free. They really should you know....Just tell them ever since they where done they thump...

Reply to
Scott M

the reason why they cannot find the problem is that the dont know what they are doing.... with brake drums and rotors being so cheap you just replace them with new rotors now and dont turn anything..

Reply to
jim