Should I use 5W-20?

How about "real gaskets" and "real bearings" along with "real engineering" to start with. By the time the "real oil pressure guage" indicates a problem, you already have a "real engine failure".

***
Reply to
clare at snyder.on.ca

Engines today have "real bearings" and "real gaskets". If anything the bearing metallurgy is BETTER than it was 20 or even 10 years ago. The "real gaskets" are back, having found acceptable replacement heat-resistant materials, after the fiasco caused by Big Brother issuing an edict with an unrealistic compliance timetable that all automotive gaskets had to be asbestos-free, since "everybody knows" that asbestos is an environmental hazard and can cause cancer; you know, like tobacco. As far as "real engineering" goes, that takes "real engineers". Unfortunately the schools seem to be turning out more lawyers than anything else these days (I wonder why?). Oh yes, and I'll keep my OP gauge, thanks.

Reply to
Sharon K. Cooke