PING: JIM WARMAN

Jim:

I was just cruising the motorcraft website... They're hyping a new 5-20W syntheic oil, calling it the "wave of the future"... What the heck is it that makes it so special?

Brad

Reply to
Brad and Mia

fock warman dont work for ford he works fo a numbered company h u r c a s t

Reply to
slimestickland34

Wish I could tell you, Brad... we haven't seen any broadcast sheets on the stuff.... I'll ask our partsmonger on Monday to see if he can see if there is anything that makes this stuff "special".

I will opine that there is more advertising hype than anything else.

FWIW.... regular service is more important than oil quality (let's be reasonable about "quality"). For my own vehicles, I run what we have "on tap". Currently, ESSO Petroleum Canada supplies our engine oils. Even on -50 Celsius mornings, 5W20 and 5W30 appear adequate with block heaters plugged in.

My vehicles tend to biodegrade long before they break...

HTH

Reply to
Jim Warman

mineral oil base stocks manufactured via a process called "hydrocracking". This process rearranges the molecules, freeing them of impurities and making them more durable and resistant to breakdown. Motorcraft® 5W-20 dramatically outperforms and outprotects conventional motor oils. Specially tailored additives are included to:

temperature thickening, rust, corrosion and foaming

fock hydrocrack has been around for years h u r c a s t

Reply to
slimestickland34

"Jim Warman" wrote : My vehicles tend to biodegrade long before they break... : :

LMAO!!! great mental image Jim, thanks for the laugh.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

ya you should see his driveway the ford looks great

LMFAO

h u r c a s ty

Reply to
alicecooperrules12