slow leak on e-150 radiator... ok to use liquid sealer stuff?

hi guys, i have a ford e-150 van, with a lot of mile on it. it has a slow drip leak out of the radiator. is it ok to use that black sealant gunk you can get in the auto parts store?

Reply to
xy

you can get a new radiator for about $110 at almost any radiator place on the internet... if you use the stuff to stop leaks in the old radiator you also mess up the heater core in the vehicle, the water pump and some other stuff... and you gonna eventually need a new radaitor anyway....... go do a search on wholesale radiators on

and see what you come up with.........

Reply to
jim

Use JB-Weld on the leak if you can find it. I've used it on the radiator in my '67 in two spots and it held up great even in 100*+ weather.

Reply to
Cory Dunkle