Starting a car that has been sitting for a couple of months

Hello, all.

I have a Ford Taurus that has been sitting around for 2-3 months since it was last started. Is it okay to start this thing up or do I need to take some kind of preventative measures before I do that to make sure I don't damage the engine?

Thanks!

Reply to
Matt

If it was ok when last turned off it should be ok now. Cars sit at dealers for months unstarted. Don't be surprised if the battery is dead though and be cautious about the risks of hydrogen gas if you have to jump it. Read the manual for jumping instructions.

Reply to
Art