Taurus Horn Problem

I have a '99 Taurus and the horn has stopped working. Also, the airbag light has come on. I have checked all the fuses and they are OK. The horn also sounds when the doors are lock with the remote, so I assume the horns themselves are working. I've come to the end of my meager auto knowledge with this problem. Any ideas?

Thanks, Richard

Reply to
Richard

Sounds like it could be the clockspring under the steering wheel. The airbag codes need to be read and go from there.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman

Thanks. After a little research, I think this is definitely the problem. Is this something worth trying to fix yourself, or should it go to a shop for repair?

Thanks again, Richard

Reply to
Richard

Its hard to say because I have no idea how much experiance you have or what your abilities are....You need a steering wheel puller for sure too....Its not rocket science though. Do you have a repair manual? That would help. It would be a good idea to get the airbag code to see if it thats what it shows.(open circuit to the drivers bag)

Reply to
Shoe Salesman