Taurus Power Antenna

Stopped by a Ford dealer yesterday to get a part for a power antenna for a 99 Taurus. Was told it only came as an assembly, unlike most Japanese cars that sell parts for them. Anyway, I need one for a station wagon...anyone here have one? I would even consider a broken one as long as the plastic "chain" from the mast is intact. I wonder if the sedans use the same mast???? Thanks

Reply to
JW

The plastic "chain" is the only part I've ever seen break in one of these.... "JW" wrote in message news:nF7ug.66328$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net... Stopped by a Ford dealer yesterday to get a part for a power antenna for a 99 Taurus. Was told it only came as an assembly, unlike most Japanese cars that sell parts for them. Anyway, I need one for a station wagon...anyone here have one? I would even consider a broken one as long as the plastic "chain" from the mast is intact. I wonder if the sedans use the same mast???? Thanks

Reply to
Jim Warman

That's what I thought. Looks like Asian car makers have it figured out again... "Jim Warman" wrote in message news:7T7ug.136138$S61.115507@edtnps90... The plastic "chain" is the only part I've ever seen break in one of these.... "JW" wrote in message news:nF7ug.66328$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net... Stopped by a Ford dealer yesterday to get a part for a power antenna for a 99 Taurus. Was told it only came as an assembly, unlike most Japanese cars that sell parts for them. Anyway, I need one for a station wagon...anyone here have one? I would even consider a broken one as long as the plastic "chain" from the mast is intact. I wonder if the sedans use the same mast???? Thanks

Reply to
JW

I'd be really surprised if you can't get a replacement mast. I was even able to get a mast for my old 89 CV last year. It may be that the dealer can only get the assembly from ford as a single unit, but he may still be able to get the mast alone from another dealer who has it in stock. He can check easily.

CJB

"JW" wrote in message news:nF7ug.66328$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net... Stopped by a Ford dealer yesterday to get a part for a power antenna for a 99 Taurus. Was told it only came as an assembly, unlike most Japanese cars that sell parts for them. Anyway, I need one for a station wagon...anyone here have one? I would even consider a broken one as long as the plastic "chain" from the mast is intact. I wonder if the sedans use the same mast???? Thanks

Reply to
CJB

have you tried E bay? I think there's about a million different antennas on there. Probably a power one that will fit too, for cheap.

Reply to
ShoeSalesman

Why not try the scrap yard?

Worse comes to worse, grab a non-power antenna.. is there any real need for one? I mean my car has one, but if it breaks, I won't fix it.

Reply to
Picasso

Try a salvage yard,WBMA

mike

"JW" wrote in message news:nF7ug.66328$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net... Stopped by a Ford dealer yesterday to get a part for a power antenna for a 99 Taurus. Was told it only came as an assembly, unlike most Japanese cars that sell parts for them. Anyway, I need one for a station wagon...anyone here have one? I would even consider a broken one as long as the plastic "chain" from the mast is intact. I wonder if the sedans use the same mast???? Thanks

Reply to
Mike Hunter