Thank you Ford (was "I'm angry at Ford"

I have been rambling for a few days about a transmission problem on a 2000 Windstar purchased last March with 31K on it. After a restless sleep last night worrying about how to pay for the major work, I received a call from the service dept. at my dealership informing me that they spoke to Ford on my behalf. They are doing an "after warranty adjustment" in which I'm responsible for 495 dollars and they will install a new transmission with a retroactive warranty. This occured with no whining on my part, only that I was calling AAMCO to get a second opinion. Van has 44K on it now and Jennifer in service told me that this type of failure really shouldn't happen. I did my venting in this newsgroup rather than at her, and maybe that helped? I don't know. Thank you to those who took the time to respond, And if you have a Windstar that fails around 40K, maybe your dealer will work a similar deal out with you. Matt

Reply to
Matt

Glad to hear the good news. It's good to see things sometimes work out ok. Either that, or they were jerking you around the first time and were worried they were gonna get caught. One rule of sales: Always try to hit 'em for the high price just to see if they bite. If not, lower it so they think they're getting a good deal and go away happy. Someone will always accept the big price because they don't know any better or just think that's the way it is. It's all about profit margin.

Reply to
Jimz466

This type of service happens on a regular basis. You do not hear about it because these people are happy that a very large company that has ZERO legal or moral responsibility to do anything for you on a product that is out of warranty. I'm willing to bet if you were in Fords shoes you would not do something like the thing they did for you. Try getting that kind of service on a television set that is several years out of warranty. Ever had a house built for you? If you did how did the home builder handle warranty issues?

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Reply to
Bob

It seems like a lucky fluke - I had several Fords and the service people were nothing but A-holes to me...still better service than VW, though.

Reply to
spiralingcrazies

Is this the same Jennifer from the other thread? Is she cute? LOL

-GV

Reply to
GlassVial

GlassVial wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I will see her Friday and describe her in great detail upon my return with my hopefully completed van. As a happily married man of fifteen years, her appearance is irrelevant, although it may make the whole nightmare a little more pleasant if she is, in fact, "cute"!! Stay tuned!

Reply to
Matt