The comfort of the seats of the Taurus vs the Mercury Sable...

I drive a lot (about 400 miles per week) and I currently have a 1994 Mercury Sable with 171000 miles and it is starting to die. It is the LS model which was the top model at that time. The seats are extremely comfortable in this car and this weekend I test drove an '02 Ford Taurus, model SE, and I found the seats to be a lot less comfortable. In fact, the car was beautiful but I cannot envision myself driving a car with those seats. They just weren't comfortable and seemed so much lower to the floor and less substance than my 10 year-old Sable. Are the Mercury Sable seats in the year range of 2000-current more comfortable than the Taurus? Are the seats of the SES model and above of the Taurus more comfortable? This car had power seats but I just couldn't get them set so they were comfortable for me. I would love to purchase either a Taurus or Sable because I like the value and the safety but I need comfortable seats! Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
bessebo

The Taurus and Sables are at pretty good discounts, because of the new 500. So now is a good time to get (hey, get two -- they're cheap).

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff