third or fourth post now?????

doesn't anybody have a clue or idea how to help with my problem,i changed both sets of contacts on the sliding door on my windstar and still the same problem,the door ajar light stays on,when i turn off van the green dash light flashs forever after keys and me are out of van,when moving the lights do go out but as soon as the van is turned off the interior lights and green dash light stay on,it's driving me nuts,as someone suggested to me i took a wire and jumped the two bottom (disk) contacts on the van body where the contacts are and the lights go out as they should,take the wire off and they come back on.new set of contacts had no effect. after several post and some internet talk,three weeks later and i'm getting nowhere,no one seems to want or know how to go about fixing this.

Reply to
res0ta8b

I'm not sure if I'm reading your post as you intended. However, for whatever it's worth, I had a hinged door switch on my E150 that was intermittent. I discovered that the switch plunger was not making adequate contact with the door jamb, and I could see no adjustment. I placed one of the those little sticky-back cork surface protectors that you attach to the bottom of items you wish to place on top of fine furniture. It decreased the gap between plunger and jamb. It's been like that some 18 months now.

res0ta8b wrote:

Reply to
getupand

res0ta8b opined in news:SpR2b.15260$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

So how do you know the contacts are making with the door closed?

Can you take off the panel and check it with door closed?

May be the door lever/latch needs adjusted.

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Reply to
Thunder Fish

take it to the dealer, they will be glad to fix it for you... not too many people here have winstars so that is probably why you not getting much help.... hope this helps.

Reply to
jim

Make sure that the latch is lubricated well. The switch for the door lights is in the actual latch in my 2k expy.

Reply to
Mistercmk