Throttle Position Sensor?

No. I initially opined that my symptoms were possibly caused by a bad TPS. I was told that it was more likely a bad idle air control... which ended up being correct. Air bypass valve and idle air control are the same thing; the TPS is something else entirely.

It threw me off as well. That's part of the reason I ended up paying someone to fix my car. I knew I didn't know enough about the fuel system to diagnose and repair the problem without potentially creating many more. I'm good about doing that.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

Ok, I have a 2000 Mercury Sable and have had a similar Idle Ai Control Valve problem that the other people have posted about. I ha the IAC replaced by a dealer, but the idle is still very rough, an idles warm jerking between 500-600 RPM.

Is this a situation where I should just go in myself and attempt t

adjust it? I remember seeing in the manual that you could adjust th idle speed by just turning a screw

Reply to
jjskywlker

If it has never been messed with before, no, do not turn any screws. You have a problem. Start with a visual inspection (vacuum lines ect.) Then clean the throttle bore. Usually idle problem on Fords are a dirty throttle bore and IAC.

Reply to
Scott M

No, it's not a situation where you should attempt to 'adjust it' yourself by just turning a screw. Idle speed is controlled by the computer in response to a variety of inputs and something is amiss, perhaps not the IAC at all. ... > I had the IAC replaced by a dealer, but the idle is still very rough, and idles warm jerking between 500-600 RPM.

it? I remember seeing in the manual that you could adjust the

Reply to
Happy Traveler