tire pressure monitor

I still think you need to check your gauge. And be sure to set the tire pressure when the tires are cold. If the recommended pressure is

32 psi, the low pressure warning light should not come on until the pressure drops to around 24 psi.

My SO had the light come on for her RAV4, but in her case it was the spare that was low. Her car has 5 sensors (the spare is on the same wheel as the other tires and can be used as road wheel).

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

" I searched the NHTSA Recall, TSB, Defect Investigation, and Complaint databases. There was exactly one entry (in all data bases combined)"

at

under the TSB section for Exploreres you'llfind:

"TIRES:PRESSURE MONITORING AND REGULATING SYSTEMS

SOME OF THE VEHICLES WERE BUILT WITH INSTRUMENT CLUSTERS THAT WERE NOT CONFIGURED PROPERLY FOR USE WITH A REVISED TPMS MODULE. THE TIRE PRESSURE MODULE SYSTEM (TPMS) IS FULLY FUNCTIONAL, BUT THERE IS NO VISUAL INDICATION TO A DRIVER IF THE ..."

Reply to
OldRoads