Low tire pressure sensor

Yesterday was the coldest day of the season so far, 27 degrees. When I went out in my '08 Outback, the tire pressure light was on. Temp outside was 30 at that time. I went back home and got the other car.

Later in the day, I checked and pumped all the tires up to 34 psi. Sticker is 32 front, 30 rear. One of the tires was at 28, the other 3 at 30.

Today I went out with the temp about 35. Low pressure light was on for about the first 5 minutes, then went out.

So, what's happening here? Is the sensor sensitive enough to pick up 28 psi? Is this just an effect of the low temp? Should I just ignore it on cold mornings?

TIA!

Reply to
Bob Burns

Most systems will trigger a warning at 2psi below spec.

Reply to
Greg

I have a 2007 Legacy 2.5 GT, and, several times, without it being really cold (> 50 F) my light has gone on (why it can't tell WHICH tire, which might have cost $5 more, is crazy), and...all tires were at or above (and, sometimes, I even filled them above) the required pressure.

Reply to
Bill Bradley

Reply to
bigjim

I'm with you. My wife mentioned this about new Forester. I await her sensor to come one!

Reply to
Frank

Reply to
tcassette