General Tire Pressure Question

Somewhere on the door of my Focus, it says that I should have 32 psi pressure in all of the tires. For what temperature is that rating? Is it ok to pump the tires up to 32 psi when it's really cold outside (like 10F or -12C)?

Reply to
NoRemorse

I do, at considerably colder temperatures i.e. -30C. Works fine.

Reply to
Dave Gower

A general rule when the temperature changes you should recheck your tire pressures.

"NoRemorse" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com... Somewhere on the door of my Focus, it says that I should have 32 psi pressure in all of the tires. For what temperature is that rating? Is it ok to pump the tires up to 32 psi when it's really cold outside (like 10F or -12C)?

Reply to
Waste

ambient

no, follow the directions.

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

*Yes* - he should always keep his tires at or about the suggested rating. If that means adding air to maintain the 32 psi pressure at -12*C then he should do so but only add air when the tires are cold (as in not run around town for more than a couple of minutes.)

I check my tires on a monthly basis because the temperature swing here goes from -40*C to +40*C over the year. Add/subtract air as required to maintain the pressure - and on my tires 205/50-16s for the ZX5 the pressure is 34 psi.

Reply to
Roarmeister