tires wearing on the in side

On my 1997 ford contour gl,the front tires are wearing on the inside,i know i need a front end alignment,but could it be anything esle?

Reply to
leo3

Well, someone COULD have gotten to them with a belt sander. But most likely it's just the alignment. Make sure there are no worn parts, or you can't align it accurately.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

In my opinion; if they are wearing evenly though escessively, alignment.

If unevenly, 1 , 2, or 3 low spots, around the circumference, I've found that to be the tires, themselves

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

1 - Incorrect toe in (most likely problem - alignment should fix, might be due to worn components, see 4) 2 - Incorrect camber (less likely - alignment should fix) 3 - Tires underinflated (make sure you are inflating them properly per vehicle manufacturer's specs, assuming you are using OE size and type) 4 - Worn suspension parts (ball joints, tie road ends - alignment should catch this) 5 - Weak front springs (not likely, but alignment should catch this problem) 6- Driving on highly crowned roads most of the time (not likely)

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

Actually, the Contour/Mystique has a long history of broken springs. Though I'm unsure of the time/mileage constraints, the customer satisfaction warranty extension is insane by most standards.

Reply to
Jim Warman

Let's be accurate here Jim. FORD has had a long history of broken springs - PERIOD.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce