wheel studs

Can anybody tell me how to change wheel studs on my 1979 F-150? I had 2 break off the left rear wheel and am trying to change all of the studs.

Thanks for the help

Reply to
turkeyfootnc

Remove the wheel and brake drum. Take a good maul and knock out the studs. Insert the new studs. Using the wheel remount on the axel (with out the drum) using the lug nuts. Tighten the lugs until the studs pull in all the way. Remove the wheel place the brake drum and the wheel. I just hope you are using air tools you can do it with a lug wrench but you are going to have a time doing it.

Reply to
doc

Remove the drum - smack the studs on the end with a hammer to knoch them in, then replace with new ones. I've found you can pull them in pretty easy using a stack of well greased washers and a lug-nut installed flat side first.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce