Where to find EPA gas mileages on the web?

I am shopping ebay for a vehicle, specifically for a diesel truck. Is there a site that gives the gas mileage for various models/engines?

Reply to
Jim Caldwell

If you go into any dealership the sales department will have (they are supposed to) a fuel mileage pamphlet. I believe it covers all models. Sorry, don't know of any online. you may find something in a government search.

John

Reply to
PC PODD

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Professional Shop Rat: 14,083 days in a GM plant.

David Starr

Try looking at

IIRC - they have mileage for most cars going back a good number of years. Don't think you'll be able to filter on diesel/gas - so you'll have to know what models you're looking for.

Reply to
Brian Steele

Reply to
Thomas Moats

Be aware that many diesel trucks, even pickups, are rated as 'heavy duty' and probably exempt from EPA mileage ratings. I think the cutoff is a GVWR over 8000lb or so.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann

If this is a new vehicle, you should be able to find the numbers on the truck makers' web sites.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

list all vehicles sold in the US, under 8500 GVWR. The vast majority of vehicles with diesel engines are over

8500 GVWR. Vehicles over 8500 GVWR are no subject to CAFE requirements and not listed.

mike hunt

Jim Caldwell wrote:

Reply to
HelenWaite