Windows hard to roll up after rain

93 Escort.

Any suggestions? Can this be adjusted or is this just a character building quirk of the car.

Thanx,

Reply to
Ray

Dont know. When it rains I leave my windows already rolled up.

Reply to
Daniel

Maybe a look inside the door panel is in order. I can think to two possibilities:

The mechanism is corroded from years of moisture/salt exposure. Did an '89 Cougar last week, rusted parts were bound up so badly that the gear on the electric motor sheared off its shaft. I bit of P'Blaster to loosen it up, and some wheel bearing grease to keep it that way.

Possibly ra> Dont know. When it rains I leave my windows already rolled up.

Reply to
Marky

Reply to
V.B. Mercon

Thanx all - will take the door panel off & have a gander. The previous owner told me that this problem started when the glass had been replaced after a break in. The only way to know what's going on for sure is to take the time to look.

Ray

Reply to
Ray