sprayer nozzle adjustment

The windshield washer fluid nozzles on the hood of my 97 Camry won't move at all when I try to adjust them. I have stuck pins, darts, and other pointy objects in there to try and make them spray where I want them to. Does anyone have a method that works?

Reply to
badgolferman

I have the same issue im sure dirt and hard water in winshield fluid has stuck them usualy a pin works maybe something like Lime Away would loosen calcium deposits and a penetrating oil to loosen dirt, or you can try a hammer.

Reply to
m Ransley

Reply to
<psommerhalder

Just a rant from me on this subject......I've hated the hood mounted sprayer nozzles ever since they appeared in the late '80's. The old style that were mounted right under the hood near the windshield did a much better job & much easier to maintain. Wish the auto makers would go back to them. Just my 2 cents worth !!! dc

Reply to
doncee

For my two cents worth: The manual for my 05 Camry says never to use pins and the like to clear the nozzles. Dunno why. Every other car that I've had said that's what to use...... Go figger...

Fotofreak

Reply to
FotoFreak

What are you supposed to use then?

Reply to
badgolferman

Darned if I know. I've always used a pin with my other cars. I suppose they want you to go to the dealer's.....

Fotofreak

Reply to
FotoFreak

I also had the same problem on a 91. After the pins didn't work, I tried to use a screwdriver and a lot of force, but it didn't move. What did work was a small thin paper clip that came with plastic shield. After stripping the shield off it was thin enough to enter deep into the hole, and the nozzle started moving. I hope it works for you as well.

Reply to
bauz