Windshield wiper blades

I have a Ford ranger pickup the wiper blade are noisey and virbrate when turned on. I have replace them several times and nothing seems to help. I was wondering it there was anything to put on the wipers or windshield to correct this problem. Thanks for any help it will be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
Nathan Schemm

=========================== your best bet is probably to clean the windshield very well.

Reply to
Scott M

Have you replaced just the rubber, or the entire blade? For the blade, what brand? Use a quality brand and make certain it's securely mounted. Some generic blades have sloppy mounts designed to fit a huge number of vehicles. You may even want to consider factory original blades from the dealer, despite the cost.

Ideally, there should be NO coatings on the windshield. Those anti-fog coatings usually make things worse. One way to really clean it is to use Bon-Ami, which is a very soft cleanser that will scrape off gunk without scratching the glass.

Basically, water should form a sheet on glass, not bead up.

Reply to
Andrew Rossmann