100K miles anybody?

I know people out there have more than 100,000 miles on thier Foci. Just curious what repairs needed to be done. How the car is holding up, so on....Any high miler opinions would work. Thanks, Chickenfoot

Reply to
ChickenFoot

I have a Focus Zeta Estate which is on 114,000 miles now, and was bought Nov '99. It has had a solid, hard life with me, working away all of that time, mostly a minimum of 200 miles away from home and also in France for a year. And the sum total of problems? Apart from routine servicing, tyres and exhaust, one rear wheel bearing and one ignition lead. I've owned a number of different makes and models in 34 years driving, and I have to say this is the best ever for overall repairs etc. It is one of only two cars I have owned that never fails to put a smile on my face before, during and after driving it. Yes, I am a fan, and I'm having a real job justifying getting a different make, model to replace it with. Hope others feel that same, but I bet not. Maybe I have just been lucky.

Reply to
Clouded Reality

got you beat!! I have 119,000 on mine 2001SE still going strong.

Reply to
Harry

Have a 2000 LX 1.6L 200,000 kms . Only problem so far is ignition failing ,

4 times ,Last time dealer replaced ignition , all door locks, keys and paid for towing. EGR tube replaced @ 180,000 km
Reply to
georgejeddore

Hey wait a minute George. In your other post you talk about Ford Of Canada. But there is no 1.6L Focus sold in Canada. That's a European model. Are you spoofing this group or what?

Reply to
Dave Gower