97 ford escort A/C problem

I have the 1997 ford escort with the split port induction 2000 engine. The A/C clutch engages and disengages while A/C is on in a 3 or 4 second cycle. It's been doing this for several years and makes the car feel like it's surging. I changed the CCRM last year thinking that would fix the problem. It didn't. I just had the compressor replaced because it went out. The A/C blows cold but it still has the on/off cycle. Since the CCRM and Compressor are now both new and the problem still exists, does anyone know what else it could be? I checked the manual looking for the relays but it doesn't show them. Does this configuration have those relays? If so, where are they located? Help!

Reply to
kharris19

Sorry I can't help with your problem; it might be better to post it to a more appropriate NG as this one deals exclusively with the Focus.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Is your system fully serviced? If you are low on refridgerant it will cause the surging. also the pressure sensor might be failing.

Reply to
smoedog

I would definately say you have a low charge level, or the HP switch is faulty.

Tim. .

Reply to
Tim..