accelerator probs

hi i have a 2001 1.6 ford focus and just come against this problem; when i come to accelerate, mainly in 1st and 2nd gears, the car doesnt respond that instance, then may judder slightly as if going over a pothole etc, this is not happening everytime but quite often now. hope you can help, thank you ryan. :?

Reply to
jimboin

When is the last time this beast had a tune-up i.e. fuel injector cleaner, filters, plugs and wires, clean intake manifold etc.

Reply to
Dave Gower

When I had an intermittent studdering problem on my 2002 Focus SE, I solved it by replacing the wires and plugs. I actually had one factory plug that was bent slightly off center - bizarre. After seeing how badly the plugs were worn after 50,000 miles, I am planning on replacing my plugs every 30,000 miles.

Reply to
Jack