Adios...

Well.. I've posted here on a few occasions for advice and you have all been great. However, the time has come to say bye.

My 1.8Tddi has been VERY fun to drive. For the most part, reliable, comfortable and damn fine to look at. Credit to Ford for designing a fine looking car.

However, I've had enough of rusting tailgates, squeaky fan belts, faulty link arms, paintwork that chips at the slightest stone knock.

I was offered a 50/50 resolution on the repair of the tailgate (boot). This was unsatisfactory as the car was less than 3 years old. I have personally repaired the rusting on the tailgate.

Now, at 3 years after I bought the car, the warranty is up and I feel I have to move on. So I have traded in my Focus and purchased a brand spanking new

Pure Silver Mini Cooper (1.6i 16v 115/85 PS) with Black roof including:

Kaleido Black part cloth and Leather SPORTS seats

16" Alloy Wheels (apparantly the 17's give a nasty ride) Sports Suspension Plus Dynamic Stability Control Flick a switch and I have Automatic Stability control + Traction Cruise Control, plus Stereo controls on the Cooper-S Steering Wheel Heated Mirrors and Washers Rear Spoiler Electric Panoramic Sky Roof (not just your average sun roof) Passenger and Driver seat Height adjust Front Foglights Trip Computer including: Current Speed, Average speed, current MPG, overall MPG and Remaining fuel range

  • lots of other cool stuff. extra interior lights, mats etc..

Plus BMW TLC pack which provides Annual/Mileage services FREE for 5 years and 4 Year shortfall cover (if the car is written off within 4 years, I get the full value back)

And all for less than a brand new Focus 1.8Tddi 115PS

So, Best of luck all.. I is going to have some fun :o))

Reply to
Ian Clark

"Ian Clark" wrote

Well you certainly have the right to spend your money as you see fit, but the proper quality comparison would be a NEW Focus, which will certainly have better quality than your old one. Also in terms of price, the most expensive option on a Focus Tdi is its diesel engine, so naturally you can buy lots of other goodies with the same money.

I occasionally see these complaints of soft paint which puzzles me since the paint on my 2000 Wagon is the best I've ever seen in 40 years of Automotive ownership. It's in its fourth year and people still think it's a new car.

Anyway, enjoy your Mini.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Mine's a Euro built Focus as I'm in UK. I expect the paint work to be better in the USA as you have more extreme weather etc...

If anyone in Euro says stuff about soft paint.. believe 'em :)

Reply to
Ian Clark

I am not sure, but I think we have 6 years rust warranty in Spain :-?

Reply to
Carlos Focus

Hell we have 6 years in the UK... but um... well I shall not make any comments as I risk legal action against me...

Reply to
Ian Clark

Curious, we have 12 years here in Germany, perhaps the weather doesn't allow more then 6 years in the UK.;))

However, I had to use the warranty on my 1999 Wagon.;( Unsure, if it will really last 12 years or if I need to use the warranty again.

Reply to
Michael Heiming