All New Ford Focus 2005 Problems With Car, Has anyone else?

I have a 2005 New Shape Ford Focus Ghia 1.6 Petrol that has had / has

6 things wrong with it, I was wondering if anyone out there has had any similar issues.

  1. Paint Run

  1. Damaged Gear Shroud
  2. 98% of the time the reverse gear grinds when selecting (as if you are not using the clutch)
  3. Rain sensetive wipers don?t work properly
  4. Sometimes the fuel gauge after filling remains empty even after restarting the ignition several times
  5. When starting the car from cold (2 Hours (ISH)) turn the A/C on and after about 1 minute there is a loud thud that can be felt through the floor pan, this happens after the A/C compressor kicks in.

Have taken it to the dealer, Paint and trim have been repaired, new fuel sender unit to be fitted in 2 weeks. Cannot find problem with rain sensetive wipers, and at first they told me the reverse gear and A/C issues were characteristics of the car, untill I argued the toss with them but they have no idea on the A/C even though they have heard it and agree that its not right.

Reply to
Gaz158

This must be rectified by the dealer. Check very carefully in bright sunshine (if possible) for good colour match after the repair and reject it if your not 100% happy.

Known problem, not only with Ford, but most other makes who use RSW's. The area of the glass immediatley infront of the sensor must be clean and grease free.

Common fault with the mk1 Focus, looks like they're still using the same sender in the mk2!!

Very common fault from the mk1, mine does it, though about 30seconds after a/c switch on. No cure known as far as I know.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

You have to be perfectly still when selecting the reverse, otherwise it makes that sound, like in every car.

Not much rain in my place, but when it did rain the RSW worked fine.

Same thing happened in the C-Max model. The dealer will change your A/C but its performance won't be the same.

-Nick

Reply to
Nick the Greek

The mk3 has an all synchro box and shouldnt grate going into reverse unless the clutch is dragging, inwhich case you would have to force the lever fairly firmly to slot it into place.

Have the clutch examined by the dealer before the reverse synchro is knackered.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

"" wrote: > "Gaz158" wrote in message > news:1_643170 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com... > > I have a 2005 New Shape Ford Focus Ghia 1.6 Petrol that has > had / has > > 6 things wrong with it, I was wondering if anyone out there > has had > > any similar issues. > >

Thank?s Tim...

What does bug me is the A/C Noise and the Reverse gear. I have requested a Ford Technician to look at the car as the local dealer does not not how to repair the A/C. If the fault is not repaired then things could get interesting as I have spoken to Ford about consumer rights!!!

This is the 4th Focus I have had, the other 3 were fine but this one is very poor quality, I honestly think it was built on Friday afternoon as it seems to have been thrown together.

Also I tip, don?t always believe the dealer, I asked for a copy of the repair report and to my suprise they only spent 10 mins checking my car even though they had it all day, and then trying on the ?charactristic story?......

Reply to
Gaz158