Problems with Ford Focus C-MAX first edition 1800

Last February I bought a new C-max first edition. Un till now I very please with the car w.r.t. driving, space flexibility interior etc.

Although I have also found several flaws w.r.t. Radio, Fuel indicator, automatic wipers, frozen windscreen washers and interior lighting.

The radio standard CD 6000 has the following failures: When you start the engine the radio starts to play but the display does not show any radio channel info pressing just any button on the radio everything is working perfect. The radio has also the option RDS clock synchronization, but the synchronized never happens no matter what RDS radio channels you listen to.

The fuel indication in combination with the board computer is really a yoke. As already stated in this forum. The fuel light starts to light when there is still 10 liter of fuel available. The board computer gives the indication tank empty but there is still 5 liters left and after filling the tank the board computer still indicate tank empty, but after one press on the board computer button, the indication is correct again.

The automatic sensor for the wipers is too less sensitive. If adjusted to ?1? most sensitive detection of rain and if it?s raining very light. The wiper starts to wipe only after windscreen is complete filled with raindrops. In this situation it?s very hard to see through the windscreen.

In the winter season and when it has been freezing during the night it?s impossible to use the windscreen washers although they are pre-heated, it seem to be that some parts of the circuit has been frozen.

The last one is the interior lighting. If you start the engine and at the same time you close the last door the interior light stays on forever.

Last week on advice of the Ford dealer I took the car back for a check to see if they could fix the open issues. Unfortunately the only thing they could do is to readout the computer to see if error messages appear, luckily they found two messages one was internal communication problem and one from the radio. Since there is no Software update available and Ford only reacts on problems if 50 registers customers at ford have found the same issues. So this can take a year before my problems will be fixed and yours to.

My advice would be to go the Ford dealer to register your problems other wise your problems will never be solved.

I would be nice to no if someone of you have the same problems with you Focus C-max.

Reply to
twan1970