Beware CD/Radio Thieves

Just had my passenger side front door window smashed by a thief, who I believe was targetting my 6000 CD system on a 2001 UK Focus Zetec. 'Fortunately' I had the sound activated alarm, which went off immediately causing the 16 year old thief to do an immediate runner.

The car was parked off road on my drive. As I was going out again that day, I had left the removeable panel in the Radio (I reckon this was my misdoing). According to the Police and the Autoglass man thefts of CD capable units are common on Focus - so two recommendations:

  1. Always take the removeable panel out of the car.
  2. Have a sound activated alarm.
Reply to
Paul R