millage

Hi ..just bought a brandnew 2004 Focus stationwagon ZTW. My millage sucks and is not anywhere near what it should be. Get about 1:8 or 9......is this normal and what millage do you get.?? Thanks John Folkers

Reply to
John Folkers

Hi John. Congratulations on the new car and welcome to the NG. You'll find several Focus wagon owners here - myself among them.

I've never seen fuel economy figures expressed quite the way you've got it. Is that one litre to eight or nine kms? If so, that seems a bit high... Perhaps your car is still sorting itself out. My car uses about 9l/100kms or

31 miles per Imperial gallon during combined driving (city/highway).

Rob

"John Folkers" wrote ...

Reply to
Basic Wedge

Reply to
John Folkers

manufacturer rule of thumb is that fuel economy improves and should be most accurate by 10,000km so please give the car a chance to break in.also the fuel economy rating are designed to give you an opportunity to compare vehicles as they have to go through the same test.Is it a real world test?absolutely not!Will you ever get the results in that book?Doubtful.

Reply to
lesleyb