Bosch Plugs

Put 4 Platnium +4 in my 2001 Z-tec engine and gas milage went down and when cold there seems to be a miss. Do I need to reset my computer or are they just hype. The turns to take out were much more than screwing them in, altjough I could tell no difference in the threads. Snybody habe any experience with these?

Reply to
Lawrence Adler

In message , Lawrence Adler writes

You need to ditch the useless Bosch plugs and fit the original Motorcraft ones.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I had those installed in my 2000 SE Wagon with 2.0 Zetec. Car had 85k km on it, and K&N air filter. I expected at least better fuel economy, maybe even smoother operation and some extra kick based on reviews from other drivers but different car. These spark plugs were disappointment. My mileage went down, the best I got was around average 9.5l/100 km as compared to 8.5 l with factory ones. There also seemed to be a miss on low rpm, especially when cold. As such, at 91.5k km, I put in cleaned up original Motorcraft plugs. Right away, idling seemed smoother. I have a full tank, and my driving pattern is steady with mostly highway km. I will return Bosch plugs for refund - at $40 Cdn/per set of 4, they're not cheap, either. Will update on results.

Reply to
Cplgi

I did the same thing and am waiting for the check from Bosch. The symptons were alsmost identical but I replaced them woth NEW Mocraft and am back to my normal MPG. Thanks for the info

Larry

Reply to
Lawrence Adler