Help - Replaced dash - Now Selling

Hi, A few years ago, the dashboard on my 96 Passat GLS went blank. I had it replaced at a repair shop. They could not set the milage, so it started over at zero. It turns out, they were supposed to put some tag on the car saying they had replaced the odomoter, but didn't. Today, I was car shopping & when the dealer came back with an offer for trading in my Passat, they claimed it wasn't worth much. They said I can't sell a call that is TMU ("True Milage Unknown.") Is that true? Is there any way to tell the true milage if the odometer was reset? Can I go back to the repair shop & get them to certify the milage? Thanks, Elihu

Reply to
Elihu Rozen

this is definately incorrect.....you have to disclose that true mileage is unknown and generally have to sign a statement to that effect. But if it was an unsaleable item why does the dealer want it? ;-)

..Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

The dealer wants me to buy a new car there. I won't buy the new car without trading in the old one. They gave me a good price for the new one & then try to make it back on the trade-in.

Elihu

Reply to
Elihu Rozen