Bosch Plugs

Question Are bosch platinum +4 no gap plugs ok to install in 2001 gt. Thanks, Tonyrem

Reply to
tonyrem

dont install them. the 3800 runs best on the ac delcos

Reply to
Nascar24Rulz

You can run the Bosch Platinum +4 if you wish. The newer vehicles require platinum tip plugs, and since they run about the same price as the +4, you might as well get the +4. There is also a money back guarantee that if your not satisfied, you can mail them back to Bosch for a full refund. I use bosch in all my vehicles, 97 S-10 (4.3L V6), 99 Silverado Z71 (5.7L V8) and I have noticed easier starts, better fuel economy, and less spark knock, and Bosh claims to get a little added horsepower. ACDELCO plugs are good, but the Bosch are better in my opinion. Really I don't know why someone would say an engine runs best on a certain type of plug, they are both platinum, and Bosh has the guarantee, your getting a better deal with the Bosh, again you can mail them back to the company if you don't feel an improvement. By the way, you don't have to run the +4, there is also +2, and the standard single electrode, and the nice thing is, these plugs don't require you to gap the electrode. Check their web site out

Kiel Uyttenhove

Expected when replacing a worn out spark plug.

Expected when replacing a worn out spark plug.

Both of your above mentioned vehicles have engine management systems equipped with knock sensors, if switching to Bosch platinum made any kind of difference in spark knock, then the system must be malfunctioning.

Rubbish.

Your opinion is based upon emotion stirred by marketing hype.

Actually, you -should- know why since you made that exact statement above.

Platinum only increases the service interval of the spark plug, it can NOT do anything to increase horsepower or increase fuel economy, or lessen miss-fires compared to a spark plug that is not worn beyond its service limits.

Some deal. When they fail, you get to incur the costs/inconvenience of replacement.

Another -nice- thing is that if the OEM has specified an extended electrode design, you won't be able to experience its advantages either.

Aimed directly at people who won't/don't know any better.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Ok, who? The jerk of this message fourm? Have you ran them in any of your vehicles? I was just posting my opinion, not trashing another persons opinion like you seem to be doing. Maybe you should learn to have alittle more respect for people.

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

have you tried bosh plugs?

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

If you feel the need to view yourself that way, then yes.

Yes, in addition to having removed enough of them that were less than 3 months old, in the course of repairing missfiring engines to fill two 55 gallon barrels. Ya know junior, some of us do this stuff for a living and have been educated on the subject.

I can't honestly see where an opinion would override basic science. That and my 34+ years of experience kind of trump your "opinion."

If you had any respect for people, you'd stop the blathering about something you obviously know nothing about.

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Can't say I ever have, but I'm quite familiar with -Bosch- Platinum spark plugs and all too familiar with the lousy reputation that they have.

In which countries do they sell and use "bosh" spark plugs?

Are you any relation to Dean Dardwin?

Reply to
Neil Nelson

Well again, I was just stating my opinion. I never said Bosh was better than Acdelco, I just said that I think they are. I wasn't saying I was right and anyone else was wrong. So why all the hostility? I've had good experiences with their plugs and other products, and yes I realize that you must be a mechanic, and are obviously far more educated on this subject then me, but I'm simply stating that I used this product, and I like it, and I recommended to someone else. I don't see why me telling someone that it wouldn't hurt to try bosh plugs in their vehicle should warrant someone to patronize what I posted. I'm not being a dick here, so people don't need to be rude to me. Next time a person should just simply state the problems they encountered with a certain project in comparison to another opinion. I'm gald everyone in these message fourms does not act this way. Thank you

Reply to
Kiel Uyttenhove

So, you -don't- think they're better, but you -do- think they're better.

Oh... So what then exactly was your opinion saying?

Hostility?

Something tells me that you're a little unbalanced.

Sample size of one.

I doubt that you did considering that you had to ask whether I had used them or had other experiences with them.

Really? For how many years and how many miles?

Well you see, that's the problem. It very well could hurt to use Bosch Platinum spark plugs. OEMs go to great lengths to engineer specific components for their engines, Bosch on the other hand offers a limited number of part numbers to cover these applications, often times ignoring things like electrode length and configuration, heat range and gap. IOWs they typically rely on just one part number to cover an OEM application where 4 or 5 (or more) parts numbers are specified.

No, but you are being ignorant in some veiled attempt to come across as someone who actually knows or understands what is going on.

-An- opinion, -your- opinion is totally out of place on this type of subject. If you ever manage to understand the difference between facts and opinions, you'll understand what I'm talking about here.

Exactly -why- are you compelled to pretend to be a mechanic, give out your 'advice' when you obviously don't have a clue?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Don't know about you, but I'd rather have plugs with no warranty, and not need it, than plugs with a 5 year warranty that I need to replace every year.

My experience with Bosch Platinums is so bad I won't even consider them any more. P4 or not.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce

you asked me if how long I have used them and how many miles. Well I have ran them in my 99 Silverado since 3 after it was purschaed, Truck now has

230,000 give or take a few hundred miles and my S-10 has been running them since i bought that @ 30,000 miles 4 years ago, and it now has 198,567 miles. I'm not going to post comments anymore on this topic. Have a nice life asshole!

Reply to
KU

What does "since 3 after it was purschaed" mean exactly?

Wow, that's quite the fleet of clunkers you have there.

Why do you post if you can't stomach a little discussion? Is your ego so fragile that you absolutely can't stand to be told when you're wrong about something? Is everyone who corrects or disagrees with you an asshole?

No need to answer the last question since I already know tha answer based upon the content of your posts over the last few months...

Reply to
aarcuda69062

heh-heh...

Your S-10 pings even on premium fuel, and only gets 16 miles to the gallon and it's just a 2 wheel drive. Gee, my truck is slightly larger with a similar sized engine with 4 wheel drive and does a whole lot better than that, then again, I use the correct spark plugs in it. Even an asshole like me wouldn't second guess the engineers who designed it.

Go back and re-read the post where I explained that Bosch uses one part number spark plug to cover multiple heat ranges, and their electrode architecture is 'close enough.' Hell do a little research on the effects of spark shrouding such as occurs with your Platinum +4s.

Now just fess up to the maladies that the Silverado suffers, put

2 and 2 together and you'll be a whole lot smarter than you were yesterday.
Reply to
aarcuda69062

I do not wish to get in to this crap, but I must say that if you think anyone who is not a mechanic can not give repair advise, or that everyone in this NG is a mechanic, then you have quite a bit to learn. I have received a lot of advise on my Bonnie from people here, and all of it was quite helpful.

As for this topic, the guy gave his opinion. That's great. You came up with actual technical explanations as to why not to use the plugs he suggested. That is great as well, however, you seem to have bit of a problem wording things. Not only do you seem to hold the belief that only mechanics can give out advise about car's, you also seem to feel to have to point out spelling mistakes, when you, both make them yourself and can obviously tell what word the person is intending to write. One could even point out an error you made in one of your post's, but I do not feel the need to do so (though, I did see it).

He voiced his opinion, you voiced yours. It is done. I myself, prefer to run AcDelco plugs in my Bonneville, however, when I bought the car, it had others in it, and I have not got around to replacing them. The car however, does run fine on the existing plugs (which, from what I was told by the previous owner have been in for quite a while), and hell, it even passed an Ontario Emission Test with them.

My point is, try and play nice here. You will find that a lot more people will like you that way. Correcting spelling, and calling people's vehicles "clunkers" is not polite at all.

Reply to
80 Knight

Don t know about others but if I m asking for help, then I d rather have the right answer or at the very least an opinion from someone who s used the product and had great results. Same is if I post an answer or a reply, if I dont know for sure first hand then I put a muzzle on myself especially if it s something that could cause big problems. My .02 cents for what it s worth.

Reply to
BarracudaDesigns

Understood. And, I am certain you're advise is useful.

That depends on what the topic is. I am not a mechanic, but I am starting to understand some aspects of car's. But, as I said, you're information is valuable, I just did not like how you were delivering it, which was not my business to point out, but I did, and I now apologize for it. Having not visited the other groups you mentioned, I did not know that the Bosch plugs were so troublesome for the guy.

I can see your point there as well.

I can see you're point once again. Perhaps he has not been able to put 'two and two' together yet.

No offence, but I myself make quite a few spelling error's, and I have seen you do them as well. It does not necessarily mean the person in question does not know how to spell, it could me that they were typing too quickly, or perhaps just missed that word.

I would tend to agree. All my point was was that you seemed to be judging his vehicle's on there year and the amoung of KM's on them, and IMHO, that is not a great way to judge a vehicle. But, you have pointed out information that I did not know, so I see your point once again.

:-P

You would think people would stop buying a product that keeps giving them trouble. But, people do as people do. :)

I can see that now. What I can not figure out is why he would continue to use, and even promote the very plugs that cause him so much trouble.

I have always like running AcDelco's in my car's (I have owned 5 car's and all have been Pontiac's), and I have had no trouble with them.

Nice to meet you, I apologize for the nastiness, and I look forward to reading more of you're post's. :-)

Reply to
80 Knight