Can light alloy rim be repaired?

My wife hit a bad pothole yesterday and put a big dent into the inside of the rim. It took about a half a klm for the air to run out and when it did it was dead flat. We had to put the temp spare on. It is a 10 spoke 15" light alloy wheel from a 2000 ZX3. Can it be fixed? Assuming that it can't be repaired what do these used rims go for?

Ron

Reply to
Freedom55

I've been using a place in Waltham, Mass. (a Google search will show their name so it won't look like advertising) They've straightened a couple I thought were hopeless for $80 ... before you fall over in shock, new rims are $200 to $275 from Ford depending on the style. I'm sure there is a shop near you.

Bill

Reply to
berkshire bill

I am in Truro Nova Scotia. Anyone know of a shop around here?

Ron

Reply to
Freedom55

Tried but it couldn't be balanced. Bought a used one for $125CDN

Reply to
Ron Joiner