Certificate of Conformity. Ex police car.

I have a Y reg diesel Focus which is exPolice. It's great. As police dont pay road tax the log book v5 doesnt have all the emmission stuff in with regard to the low rate of excise tax. I have been in touch with my local DVLA and they told me to get the info from Ford. I wrote to Ford and they told me to go to a dealer. I went to the dealer with the Ford letter. Eventually (3 months later) the dealer sent the stuff to the DVLA Swanse. The DVLA have now come back and said it must come from the manufacturer. I am going round in circles. I have now had the car for 12 months and am still paying the higher excise rate. I believe that I need a Certificate of Conformity which comes from the manufacturer when the car is made or a letter from Ford confirming the emmission details.. Does anyone know how I can get either document from Ford and get the DVLA to change this car to the low emmission band which it should be in? Even an address of the correct Ford dept would help. Has anyone had similar problems? Can I get a refund and the details back dated by DVLA? Thanks for all replies. TWD

Reply to
touchwoodsden

This may or may not be of any use.....

I imported a new Focus from a French dealer in 2002 and that had to have a Certificate of Conformity in order for me to legally use it in the UK. The Certificate came from the Manufacturer, not the dealer, since it is only the manufacturer that can confirm the performance and emission data. The dealer is only acting as an agent of the manufacturer.

So, I would go back to Ford. They may be assuming yuou can go back to the original suppklying dealer but since most police cars are direct manufacturer deals, the only place to get it is the manufacturer.

Try Ford Customer Care in Glasgow.

Reply to
Phil Jones