Focus pretty dependable

I see the car must be dependable as I do not see to many complaints and no posts. How would one go about doing up my 2.0 Zetec. Thanks

Reply to
ledpeddle

"ledpeddle" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca wonders:

All you wanted to know and more.

Click on forums

on message boards
Don

Reply to
Don McC

It depends on your point of view, do you work for Ford? Using the criteria "that as there are no post and not seeing many complaints" that makes the Focus dependable is some what short sighted. Please excuse this little rant, but I really hate it when people make statements with out any support. If you were to "really" search the web you will find many, many complaints about the North America and Mexican made Ford Focus.

How about - Just to name a few: Defective fuel pump, Defective back brakes, Ignition lock freezing up, Defective light switch, Defective front rotors and pads, Rusting around trunk lid, Front fender liners that rattle and drive one nuts, Defective front springs rust and break, Squeaking front and rear suspension, Gas filler door made out of inferior plastic keeps breaking, Defective rear suspension cause the inside of the rear tires to wear faster, Defective front end links on front sway bars, Defective thermostat housing, cracking due to inferior material, Defective paint on midnight blue cars, Paint cracks, Ford does not offer that color anymore, because of the paint problem, And coming soon to a Ford Focus near you, an exhaust system rusting from the inside out. And it goes on, The biggest disappointment with this car is that Ford is very slow to acknowledge that they have a problem with these cars.

Reply to
Gino

For the record my "midnight blue", late 2001, North American made little jewel has had none of these problems. 38,000 miles and one trip back to the dealer to repair a fluid leak. These cars have done nothing but improve dramatically since early production models.

I guess misery does love company, but generalities suck.

Freddie

Reply to
Freddie the Crook Finder

...> If you were to "really" search the web you will find many, many complaints

Hmmm...our lying troll is back? (or maybe never went away). Similarities: uses an alias, accuses anyone who defends the Focus of being a Ford employee, makes sweeping generalities not supported by the evidence.

Reply to
Dave Gower

Gino first, I do not work for Ford. Second I was trying to start a post in here. I do own a 2003 Focus and have had no problems as of yet, crossing my fingers. I find this little car very good to drive. A lot of peopl do look at it when you drive around. Thanks for the heads up on problems.

Reply to
ledpeddle

Hi Luckylie for You most of the problems are gone since 2002. Here in Europe we don´t have these problems at all. bye Jupp

Reply to
Josef Erbs

We all do!

And just how many Focus have been produced in North America and Mexico, and what is the percentage of the total that have had one or more of the problems on your laundry list? Do you know? I didn't think so. Until you have that information You're simply another chronic complainer who's simply full of it as a Christmas Turkey.

So what makes your unsupported statements worth any more than anyone else's? Are they simply not more unsupported ca ca? That would be the logical conclusion.

Freddie

Reply to
Freddie the Crook Finder

Hi,

Sorry, don't agree. My Focus is 6 months old, has had a new inlet manifold, exhaust still smokes like a Clyde Puffer, gearbox is 'notchy' to say the least, air conditioning doesn't work properly, etc, etc. It has been into the workshop 12 times. I bought it to replace my ageing escort with 180,000 miles on the clock. Now that car was ace, it didn't go very fast or anything like that. But it was so reliable. Apart from regular maintenance the only thing that cost me was a new alternator at 120,000 miles. I would really love my escort back. The only reason I have never posted here is because I am trying to forget. My guess is that the only solution is to sell the focus and buy something else. Lastly, my dealer, really nice people, it's just Ford, your cars really suck.

John D

Reply to
John DH

My 01 ZX3 has 70,000 miles. I have replaced the tires and the alternator. I have had an EGR sensor replaced under warranty as well as all the recall items. The timing belt will be the next item.

Other than that, this car has been great. 28 - 33 mpg. Goes through snow just fine. Relatively fun to drive. If nothing else goes wrong in the next 30,000 miles, I will consider this one of the best cars I have ever owned.

Reply to
Saywhat?

My 2000 has been just fine. Yes, there has been a couple of recall items, my windshield leaked into the passenger floor board, had door gaskets replaced. I have a standing letter for fuel pump recall, as well as spring coils should I need them. Other than that, to this point, the car has been great. I think all cars constantly have recalls, and problems. We are just, excuse the pun, "focused" on ours because that is what we all own. The dealership has been great here. No problems. My car was in an accident a month ago, and they returned it looking like new.

Reply to
ROBERT TURNER

John,

What does your dealership have to say about these issues? They should be able to provide some informative answers. I would really question them!!

Reply to
ROBERT TURNER

"gearbox is 'notchy' to say the least"

This is where you lost all credibility.

The shifting on the Ford Focus manual transmission is among the best.

Reply to
THOR

I second that my trans is very good and shifts great I like the dual mode shifting as well eiather low rpm or high.

Reply to
ledpeddle

Why?

My dealer even says that the gear shift was no where near what they would expect and below their standard, however Ford insist that it is all within spec.

Anyway not a problem, I have sold it.

John D

Reply to
John DH

Sorry for the delay in responding.

My dealer has been very understanding and agrees that my car is defiantly not up to the standard that they or I expect, however, Ford insist that the car is up to spec. and refuse to do anything about it.

Rather than take further issue with Ford (which has a detrimental effect on my blood pressure) I have now sold it.

Cheers

John D

Reply to
John DH

I mean 'definitely'

John DH

Reply to
John DH

My 2003 Zetec ZX3 has run trouble free for over 157,000 miles. I did replace the front breaks and rotors at around 135,000 miles. The ignition lock has been replaced once, however that's because I am in and out of the car over a dozen times a day five days a week. The check engine light has only come on only once in those same 157,000 miles.

Reply to
John R Cambron