Focus prices in UK

Hi, I'm currently thinking of buying a used 04 plate 1.6 focus zetec, but am wondering if I should wait until the new 2005 version comes out to see if the price plummets. Is it likely to go down much or is it not worth the wait ? Personally I'd rather get it now but if I'm gonna save a couple of grand it might be good to hold off until January.

Any thoughts ?

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark

In message , Mark writes

The motoring press in the UK certainly reckon that second hand prices will fall sharply when the new model is launched.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

I assume so too as the 2005 Model is said to be bloody awesome!

Reply to
Johnny BlazE

If you can stand horrible overuse of flash Ford have a taster site at

Tim

Having said that, there are some substantial discounts available on 54 plate Focii - 2 to 3 grand seems to be standard.

Reply to
John Ruddy

EG- 54 reg, between 2 and 4000 miles TDCi Zetec 5 door's at 11,495 at my local Ford dealer.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Sorry to sound a bit thick, but what is the difference between 04 plate and

54, and 03 and 53 ?

Sounds like the prices are dropping a bit already. What would you say a good deal would be for a Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 '04 plate with anything up to

15,000 miles on the clock (in the UK) ? Its make my mind up time, pay for my current car to get through the winter, or just buy a new one now..

If I'm going to be saving less than a grand, I may aswell just get one now. If we are talking 1500 to 2000 then I'll probably wait, since we are talking about a 5 year hire purchase deal here.

Cheers,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark
54 is 2nd half of the year 2004, and 04 is first half... 03 is 2003 etc...

-JB

Mark wrote:

Reply to
Johnny BlazE

A 1.6 Zetec on an 04 plate ought to be a quid under £10k max, probably less.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.