Focus recomendation UK

I am looking to buy a used Focus diesel 3/5d hatch between 1 and 4 years old in the UK. What model should I buy for reliability and economy and what model should I NOT buy. Are there any specific points I need to watch out for when viewing the vehicle?

Thanks

Reply to
Alt Beer

I drive the 1.8 TDCi (52 plate) and am more than happy with it. I picked it up for just under =A37000, with Ghia trim, leather etc... I get between 40 and 50mpg depending on how I drive it - I tend to accelerate pretty hard, and commute an hour each day in traffic. My previous car - Renault Laguna 2.0 petrol - I was getting about 20mpg on the same commute.

I wouldn't get a TD from what I've heard - the TDCi is supposedly a far more refined engine, and the 1.8 kicks out 115bhp.

I'd just check for the usual stuff - service history etc. One thing to look for is damp footwells in the front - can mean a poorly sealed windscreen.

If you d> I am looking to buy a used Focus diesel 3/5d hatch between 1 and 4 years = old

Reply to
Stu

Dampness in the footwells is more usually caused by a poorly fitted pollen filter cover.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

In message , Stu wrote

The pollen filter cover forms part of the bottom windscreen seal. If the passenger footwell is wet then the most likely cause is that the cover hasn't been fitted back correctly.

Reply to
Alan

Oh dear i got a dec 02 1.8 td estate, ex lease full s/history for £1300 from the auction with 63000 miles on the clock the only down side was it only had one key. some of the ex lease cars can be crackers and they do get serviced .You see the dealers buying them then putting a load of ££££s on the selling price. Frank

Reply to
Me

SORRY i made a typo i paid £2300. frank

Reply to