Ford Focus Flight

Hi,

I'm considering purchasing a Ford Focus Flight (2002 UK Model). I believe it is a special edition model but how does it compare to say the LX & Zetec models? Is it as I think a 'branded' LX model with a few special features?

Cheers,

Matt

Reply to
Matt C

No, the Flight is a poverty spec CL with alloys basically. No more.

Avoid.

Resale will be a nightmare- get yourself a proper Ghia or Zetec for best re-sale. 1.6 or 1.8. Make sure it has air con!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

In alt.autos.ford.focus Tim.. :

Thought all Focus had A/C, at least in Germany? Dunno about Zetec, isn't it only the name for the engine? Have a Ghia, those wood imitations look horrible, but runs quite well, the 2.0l zetec engine doesn't have much difficulties powering the vehicle.

Wasn't really easy getting one used, this engine doesn't seem to be sold much. Mostly 1.6l are offered, IMHO the relation horsepower/displacement is far from ideal, needing to much revs for my taste.

Reply to
Michael Heiming

Air con seems to be an option here in the UK. Zetec is the name of the engine but also for a trim here as well. The suspension is stiffer on the Zetec models and they look a bit sportier with better alloy wheels. To the OP: I would avoid the flight and aim for either Zetec or Ghia models with air con. If you get a 2.0l try and get it with ESP. How much is the Focus Flight up for?

Regards

Reply to
James
[...]

Early UK cars (except the Ghia?) didn't have AC as standard. It was part of one of the option packs.

Again in the UK, Zetec is a model name. It is roughly an LX with stiffer suspension ans alloys as standard.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan